Just another post that attempts to poke the Man with a stick.
Small business is awesome. And here are 10 reasons why:
10. Words like “synergy”, “team-building exercise” and “ideate” are not thrown around, with the attempt of looking intelligent.
9. Creativity thrives in small business. It’s not stifled once it gets to a “middle manager.”
8. Politics, red tape and other bureaucratic garbage is non-existent.
7. There’s no such thing as “standard operating procedure.” It’s either we’re open and in business…or not.
6. Social Media Policy…huh?
5. In small business, you are not employee number #618. You have a name, and what you do matters in the short end, and long end.
4. Meetings are necessary to get everyone one the same page, and for actions to be created and/or finished. Not for people to sit there, talk and sound important.
3. Though most small businesses are out of the “Good Ol Boy network”, small businesses are FORCED to innovate and move a city forward.
2. Small businesses don’t have to come out with lame excuses for SUCKING at business (i.e. too big to fail)…we’re just unfortunate because we’re used as political chatter but then are forgotten about after elections.
1. Small business makes the world go round. Smart people who want to make a difference. These are the people that deserve every break, yet they stay up late at night, wondering how they’ll make it to the end of every year. How they’ll provide for a family. How they’ll send their children to school. These are the creators. The thinkers. The Doers. The tweeters.